Promoters of Jamaica’s notoriously rowdy Sting dancehall concert have promised to keep it peaceful this year. "Last year's Sting was incident-free and we intend to continue that trend," Howard McIntosh of Supreme Promotions commented to Jamaica Observer on Friday. Read more »
Many folks only associate Luke Solomon with his work in London-based disco-funk band Freaks, but the Classic Recordings co-founder, DJ, and band member is also a ridiculously talented producer. Just listen to the “Ghouls” single on Matt Edwards’ Rekids imprint for proof. And in the spirit of this single, Solomon has also announced his first full-length as a solo artist, The Difference Engine (Rekids).
Read more »
As previously mentioned, Yoni Wolf's WHY? project will receive the royal remix treatment on The Hollows, an EP that should whet the appetite of fans before the release of the band's Alopecia full-length. While the likes of Dntel and Boards of Canada rework certain tracks on the EP, fans can hear the title track in its original format a couple weeks in advance.
Read more »
Dropping a double-CD ain't enough these days for artists. Either they must follow-up with a "deluxe" edition of the album that includes pointless remixes and boring video footage, or find other artistic mediums in which to prove their worth. If you're Danish tech-house producer Anders Trentemøller, that means turning to fashion. Read more »
The concept is simple. Ask a bunch of known and unknown deejays to record a mix, then have them describe their reasons and methods. Thus, Modyfier music and art blog’s Process series was born. On Monday November 5, the series reached its 50th DJ mix contribution, a set by Hamburg, Germany’s Drei Farben House (pictured above). Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player