More at the forefront of the population's thoughts now than perhaps three years ago, Darfur's conflict between armed forces and the government-backed militia (known as "Janjaweed") has already killed thousands and turned over 2 million civilians into refugees. And it often seems there's no end in sight to this slaughter and displacement.Read more »
Las Vegas' annual Consumer Electronics geek convention took place last week from January 8 - 11. XLR8R managing editor Ken Taylor, with the notorious Dankman in tow, headed to the convention center to check out the gadgets, girls, and relive the glory days of Super Mario.
See their adventures now, only at Peepshow.
Read more »
Michigan resident Benoit Pioulard spends some quality time with nature in the video for "Triggering Back," a song from his Kranky debut Precis. A veteran drummer and avid supporter of field recordings, Pioulard shows off his affinity for the natural world in this video.
See "Triggering Back" and more at XLR8R's Video Section.
Servants of the Apocalyptic Goat Rave S/T Sublight
If you're not familiar with Bong-Ra and Sickboy, imagine two robots digging up the corpses of jungle’s past and hosting some type of gnarly satanic mass/rave. Think we’re kidding? Just listen to the track “Glowstyx for the Dead Children” and you’ll see what we mean.
Following the success of 2005's War Games, former X-Ecutioners member Rob Swift embarks on a different kind of solo project. With his new documentary As The Tables Turn (forgive him for the title, please), Swift goes out of his way to answer questions about his past, present, and future through interviews, performances, and never-before-seen footage. It's a comprehensive history of Swift's rise in the hip-hop world, induction into the X-Ecutioners, and the ups and downs he encountered to become an artist in his own right.Read more »
In its quest to to infiltrate the minds of those crazy indie kids, MTV's URGE network has inked a deal to release exclusive goods from legendary techno label Planet E, as well as Paris-based Ed Banger Records. As of today, the corporate giant gets first dibs on brand new songs and never-before-heard tracks and albums from both imprints.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player