Nadine Sutherland is a rare but thankfully growing commodity in the Jamaican music landscape, an independent female in charge of her own budding career. Like her contemporaries Lady Saw, Tanya Stephens, Cecile, and the producer DJ Sunshine, Sutherland has chart experience and raw talent under her belt, and is ready to launch a new phase of her career.Read more »
Fans of 2006's YoYoYoYoYo can expect some of the usual hip-hop mashed up with Baltimore club and filthy lyrics on Fabriclive 33, but the boys collectively known as Spank Rock make it clear that they're more about enjoying the mix than repeating past glories on this latest release.Read more »
They have no plan, they’re not a band, and they make some of the most challenging and inventive music around. Battles’ offerings so far have been more about quality than quantity, which means they’ve never had enough tracks to release a full-length.
All of that changes this Spring, when Mirrors drops. This new album sees the group’s previously upbeat, instrumental compositions exploring a wider range of sounds and emotions, as well as the addition of vocals to the tracks.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player