For anyone who ever wanted to see MC Azeem strutting around San Francisco's Mission District clad in devil horns and trailed by a group of cheer leading cops, this is the video. Thousands of still photographs make up this Ben Stokes directed video, with additional animation by Patrick Siemer. Read more »
When Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner were asked to score Hannes Stöhr's film, Berlin Calling, they delivered a minimal techno-centric soundtrack that was recently released via BPitch Control. Peep clips of the film—about a jet setting electronic music composer and his many clubland adventures—with this video. Read more »
If you have 70 Euros to spend on clothing (that's $88, according to today's currency converter), the Paris-based mecca of all things cool is a good place to go, particularly since Tigersushi Records recently announced the launch of its own fashion brand and already has a few items on sale.
Read more »
With skateboarding comes injury, and that's just an inevitable fact, but Zoo York has at least attempted to make blood and black eyes a little more entertaining by launching its Grimy Photo Contest.
The streetwear company requests that fans send "the most grimy photos [they've] ever taken," and while "grime" is loosely defined here, that photo on the Zoo York blog of what appears to be chunks of detached flesh should indicate just what the company is looking for.
Read more »
Given that Circlesquare's new album is titled Music for Dancing and Drugs, it makes sense one of the tracks on the album has something to do with the former. The video for "Dancers," directed by Bienvenido Cruz, follows suite, with a cast showing off some rather spastic moves in time to the lo-fi pop music on the track. Read more »
"I am a child of the '70s whose sense of furturism is informed by Star Wars... a future with entropy, and drug use, and weeds growing in the cracks between the scratched Plexiglass windows of geodesic domes."
So says Megan Whitmash, and the visual artist will bring her words to life on February 21 when she unveils a new exhibition, The Fucking Crap of Life, at the New Image Art Gallery in Los Angeles.
Read more »
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player