If you're still working off that hangover from SXSW, why not take a trip down to Mexico tomorrow? On March 25, XLR8R and Hilda55 team up to host a party that will feature performances by Ghosts on Tape and Nguzunguzu. This invitation-only soiree will be held in the HQ El Tinieblo at Morelos 870, Barrio Antiguo, Monterrey. In order to grab an invitation, go here. Read more »
Philipp Jung (of M.A.N.D.Y.) and Matthew Dear have a new party called Buddies. Hosted by Sigu in the heart of New York City, the party will see the two spinning house, disco, and deep soul every month at the Tribeca Grand Hotel, with the aim of bringing their crowd-pleasing road show to the city they sleep in. Read more »
In anticipation of his performance at San Francisco's Icee Hot jump-off, UK funky upstart and Blunted Robots label don Shortstuff has put together this exclusive half-hour mix to offer a taste of the tunes he'll be dropping stateside come this Saturday. Read more »
While any electronic music head knows that Kode9 is one of the founding flag-bearers of the dubstep movement, it might come as a surprise that the DJ/producer also holds a Ph.D in Philosophy, and in 2009 saw his first tome on sonics released by the MIT Press. Read more »
Fatima's debut EP, Mindtravelin', has just been released on the Eglo label, and its first single already has an excellent music video. The soulful songstress definitely pleases on "Soul Glo," but the vid's appropriation of analog television technologies as well as the cult of the infomercial makes us swoon. Check it out below!
Read more »
From the brilliant variety of Colorseries to the more ambient sounds of his recordings for the Mille Plateaux label, Dublin's Donnacha Costello has been one of the most innovative producers of electronic music for more than a decade. Little White Earbuds is now hosting a podcast curated by Costello which features the most influential tracks to him and his sonic palette. From the hard Detroit techno of Neil Landstrumm to the gay house of "Love Can't Turn Around," the podcast is a journey through the best house and techno of the past 25 years. Check it out over at LWE. Tracklisting after the break! Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player