A Collection by Paul O'Valle
San Francisco-based photographer Paul O'Valle has been an XLR8R staff photographer since 2005. In his time here he has shot some amazing photos of Talib Kweli, Goapele, Balance, Locksmith and Frontline, among many others. O'Valle's work has also been published by Interview, Tokion, Urb, and 7x7. Seen here are some of his favorite photos, including outtakes from shoots, nights out with friends, and random pics in between.
Lien and Paloma, these girls are actually like this all the time.
Priest and a punk in Madrid.
Ozzy-completely spontaneous, yet somehow not unexpected.
Ode to The Office.
Nitsuj, last Friday of the month at the Underground SF.
Jen and Gabe were in a car accident together.
I just like this picture.
E Da Boss and Nick Andre.
Colour of Shadow.
Back It Up.
An outtake from a great photo shoot.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player