On Tour With 2020Soundsystem
Independent record label 2020 has been pioneering live house for the past couple of years, and has recently released a double album of their worthy efforts. The band consists of the Silver City Artists on keys and bass, Dan “Double D” on drums, and Ralph Lawson mixing it up with a thick house bass and mid. David Bowen joined them on tour for a couple of nights in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland (June 9-10, 2006). He had a rather good time. Obsessed with photography since his teens, David Bowen now works internationally, happily snapping at anything that breathes.
This tongue has not been digitally retouched. It really is that long.
Silver City (from Argentina).
Ralph sound checking.
Here I am weeping behind a beer. My leg still hurts from Croatia.
FOPP rates the latest album from 2020soundsystem.
Fernando of Silver City sound checking.
Double-Ds solo album will appeal to house, funk and jazz fans alike.
Backstage it may look like Double D is politely asking for a beer, but he is actually taking the piss out of the way I photograph.
2020 leaves the masses weeping behind hands.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player