Sonar Festival 2006
Over the past 7 years, the number of people attending the Sonar Festival (June 15-17, 2006) has risen from roughly 50,000 to a staggering 100,000 over the festival’s three days. Top performances this year came from Fat Freddys Drop, Scissor Sisters, DJ Shadow, Laurent Garnier and Bugge Wessletoft, and Kenny Dope.
Obsessed with photography since his teens, David Bowen now works internationally, happily snapping at anything that breathes.
And we were soon surrounded.
The day event atmosphere is akin to that of a carnival.
Others slowly invade our beach.
More British people discover Sonar every year.
Jazzanova at Fellini on Las Ramblas.
Hedge-jumping, European style.
Hands in the air as the day event winds down.
Fat Freddys Drop.
Doodling and grafitti is omnipresent.
DJ Shit Mat from Planet Mu greats the rising sun with the classic Twitching & Foaming remix.
Dawn breaks on the beach.
Dan fully dressed in the blistering mid-day heat following a 14-hour session.
At the back of one of the cavernous nighttime halls.
Afro lovers collapse in the heat of Sonar by day.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player