Memoir by Mark Hartman
Boston native and up-and-coming photographer Mark Hartman takes us from Indiana to Antigua with this selection of photos. "My inspiration comes from exploring new places, meeting new people and experiencing new cultures," says Hartman, who received a BFA in photography from the Rochester Institute of Technology in 2004. "I rely on my intuition when photographing. I’m more interested in showing emotion or the ambiguity of a moment of time. Photography gives me a chance to document my emotional experience."
Hartman currently lives and works in New York.
Steve, Cape Cod.
Buju Banton, Antigua.
Dance instructor, Havana, Cuba.
Dance instructor 2, Havana, Cuba.
Scorzio brothers, Rochester, NY.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player