XLR8R Visits The NAMM Show 2007
Last week the XLR8R crew made its way to the grand ol' NAMM Show (Jan. 18-21, 2007) in Anaheim, CA, where we scoped out some of the hottest new bits and pieces on the music-gear front for '07. Keep your eye on XLR8R's Machines sections for full reviews in the coming months.
The view from the outside.
Native Instruments' Traktor Scratch interface.
The Dankman gets a demo.
Not to be confused with Rane's Serato Scratch, seen here in action.
Or M-Audio's Torq, being put to the test.
Things were truly rave-tastic.
Smoke machines and lazer rays.
These guys are totally banking on a rave revival.
The NAMM crowd is a tough one.
Which is why ddrum thew some Ds on dat bitch.
Did we check out headphones?
We Shure did.
Schecter ladies you don't wanna mess with.
The Roland Juno G in action.
Sometimes rockstar dreams get put on hold for the love of NAMM.
"You guys panned my last record to hell, but I still got mad love for XLR8R" - Steve Vai.
Numark's Cue demo. Hot VJ gear for the next step.
Nord always representing.
Where it all began.
Mackie taking a stand.
And mixing it up.
More fun with M-Audio's Guitar Box.
This is one NAMM Lennon didn't protest.
Deutschland uber NAMM Show.
USA! USA! USA!
Drummer kids and those evil eyes.
Allen + Heath's latest offerings.
The newest piece in Denon DJ's arsenal.
From the DigiDesign booth.
IK Multimedia showing off their camera skills.
Korg's new Mini Kaoss Pad.
See how tiny!
Korg's hot new Zero8 mixer.
From the Peavey Custom shop.
KRK's new RP5 monitors.
Cute little red pianos will always have a place in XLR8R's heart. Always.
Ableton Live's demo spot.
Apple Logic Pro's demo with producer Vincent di Pasquale.
The man, the myth, the legend, crankin' it to 11 (er, 4:30 by the looks of it).
Moog coming back in a big way.
Next year's model, from Vestax.
UDG bags keeping vinyl alive.
Lots of smart people checking out the wares, but the occasional dummy, too.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player