7 Years by James Christopher Kendi
Artist's statement: "These photos were taken within the last seven years. They represent various interests–comedy, tragedy, love, friends, music. They’re shot for different reasons–some records of persons, and others recording something more. It’s important to laugh at yourself. Many of the pictures are visual jokes."
James Christopher Kendi holds a BFA from Bard College. Visit his website for information on upcoming shows.
Corned Beef (at the Stage Restaurant).
Fourth of July.
Conor Guy (from the Bonor Series, a fake men’s underwear campaign).
Dills (from the Bonor Series).
Devendra Banhart (seated in front of his own drawing).
Marc Monzo (with his favorite possession).
Ghetto Blaster (Patrick Roberts).
Nate Loman (artist).
The Stroud with Caucasion.
Girl Holding Heart.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player