Common Place by Mark Rubenstein
"Common Place is a series I began working on almost three years ago. The project is a three-part series that unfolds to tell the story of one's own personal evolution: the coming of sentience (the quality or state of consciousness). These images are about the idea of an evolution of one’s self. As one grows older, many changes come about, whether they be physically or mentally. Through the process of self-introspection and the development of sentience this concept is truly visualized."
Brooklyn-based photographer Mark Rubenstein was born in Louisville, KY in 1984. He received his BFA in photography at the Savannah College of Art and Design. Rubenstein’s continuous use of otherworldly surrealism allows him to constantly evolve his complex ideas into images that captivate the viewer. His work can be seen in Grafia, Exklusiv, Pulp, and Look Look.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player