- Words: Vivian Host
For our 11th birthday, we were going to ask our friends for Transformers and the new Slipknot CD. Then we realized that having six artists deliver meditations on the keen symmetry of the number eleven was a much better idea. From old friends to new favorites, this sextet of American visual maestros have delivered us birthday grams that we think are even better than the pink icing on an x-rated booby cake. Look through this special portfolio, then blow out the candles and make us a wish.
Justin Krietemeyer & Steven Harrington of National Forest
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Volume One (Matt Owens)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
XLR8R Downloads Player