- Words: Beryl Fine
XLR8R was there Saturday, June 9, 2007 at the Victoria Theater in San Francisco for the world premier of Mash a film by skate photographer Gabe Morford and my old photo boss Mike Martin. Their film has set the benchmark for the urban fixed gear bike culture movement. In their own words, "It's not about stopping–it's about going as fast as you can. Commitment to every line, corner, and hill is what defines the style of these San Francisco riders. Come roll with us."
Beryl Fine lives and works in San Francisco. You can generally find her wandering the mean streets of the city, digging through trash, eating Indian take-out, and causing a ruckus wherever she may go.
The man in Silver. He had his outfit tailor made from glitter spandex, for the most comfort when he rides.
Off to the Parkside for the afterparty, where we will find all our MASH star friends.
Rob Selimo being his usual charming self.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player