Podcast 53: Tobacco: Songs to Get Killed in the Woods To
- Words: Bryant Rutledge
Leave it to Tobacco to curate a mix of tracks for the XLR8R Podcast and name the collection Songs to Get Killed in the Woods To. We told the Black Moth Super Rainbow head honcho and lover of mini-golf, whose Fucked Up Friends album will release on anticon. next month, to choose whatever tracks he wanted for this exclusive, hour-long podcast. Thus, the mix features everyone from Boards of Canada to Beck, with the odd prank call thrown in for humor's sake. Just think twice about entering any wooded areas while this one's playing on the iPod.
Songs to Get Killed in the Woods To Tracklisting
1. Brother Russell "Alive and Well"
2. Lone "Phthalo Blue"
3. Alias w/ Why? "Well Water Black (Tobacco Remix)"
4. The Lava Children "I am a Pony"
5. Ruth White "Owls"
6. John Trubee Prank Call
7. Beck "Mexico"
8. Allegheny White Fish "Backwards Song #2"
9. Deep Throat Soundtrack "Introducing Linda Loveface"
10. Boards of Canada "Unknown Song"
11. Butthole Surfers "Pittsburgh to Lebanon"
12. Ivanhoe "Humphrey's Farewell to Ebm7"
13. Longmont Potion Castle "Helium Socket"
14. Freescha "Moving"
15. Dreamend "Are You Waking"
16. Butthole Surfers "Kuntz"
17. Black Moth Super Rainbow "Milk Skates"
18. Height "Hanging Out Late All Alone"
19. Boom Box 2000 "Girls We Like"
20. Silke F. "Dancing With a Ghost"
21. Lansing-Dreiden "Spectrum of Vapor"
22. The Seven Fields of Aphelion "Grown"
23. Tiny Tim "Strawberry Tea"
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
XLR8R Downloads Player