1-Speed Bike Someone Told Me Life Gets Easier in Your 50‘s
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Broklyn Beats
"We can talk about economists, doctors, managers, lawyers and bureaucrats, but that would be too fucking boring," Aidan Girt carps in a pause from the breakbeats he splatters on a White House wall. The drummer for chamber-rockers God Speed You! Black Emperor makes a spectacular ass out of himself in his breakcore excursion as 1-Speed Bike. You don‘t even need to listen to this album to understand what it‘s about-witness song titles like "If You Were a McDonald‘s, Your Lips Would Be an Orange Soda, but Your Dick Would Be a Shriveled-up Fry." However, he is a deft swordsman on the trapkit, where he instills a loose, duct-taped funk usually missing in the bludgeons of breakcore. While his politics are written above an elementary school urinal (i.e. "I‘m handsome like Donald Rumsfield"), Girt‘s music is a B-movie worth a thousand midnight showings.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player