120 Days 120 Days
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Smalltown Supersound-Vice
Wonder what Radiohead would have sounded like if they had discovered big, room-filling synthesizers during their U2-worshipping phase? The answer is 120 Days, a Norwegian quartet that creates giant, sweeping, rock epics powered by a thick distillation of guitars, bass, and rumbling analog synths. Rather than evoke new wave, these young rockers sound like late-'70s techno-punks mingling with mid-'70s prog-rockers over a 21st century Pro Tools rig, banging out cell phone-waving anthems for hipsters and nerds alike.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player