- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Anticon
Rip $20 in half and as long as you piece the bill back together with tape it‘s still legal tender. You could even rip two $20 bills and mix and match the ends without losing the value. 13+God is like those $20s. Featuring the Bay Area‘s sing-song cerebralists themselves and Munich‘s hushed, bubbling Notwist-both valued producers in their own right-13+God is a half-dozen musicians that, when combined, mix and match into something equally valuable in sum to either set‘s parts. Bandying vocal duties between tracks, Anticon MCs themselves and the Notwist place nasal neurosis over tracks that breathe with plaintive pulse drifts and list with chunky beats. 13+God is money in the bank.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player