- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Anticon
Rip $20 in half and as long as you piece the bill back together with tape it‘s still legal tender. You could even rip two $20 bills and mix and match the ends without losing the value. 13+God is like those $20s. Featuring the Bay Area‘s sing-song cerebralists themselves and Munich‘s hushed, bubbling Notwist-both valued producers in their own right-13+God is a half-dozen musicians that, when combined, mix and match into something equally valuable in sum to either set‘s parts. Bandying vocal duties between tracks, Anticon MCs themselves and the Notwist place nasal neurosis over tracks that breathe with plaintive pulse drifts and list with chunky beats. 13+God is money in the bank.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player