- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Anticon
Rip $20 in half and as long as you piece the bill back together with tape it‘s still legal tender. You could even rip two $20 bills and mix and match the ends without losing the value. 13+God is like those $20s. Featuring the Bay Area‘s sing-song cerebralists themselves and Munich‘s hushed, bubbling Notwist-both valued producers in their own right-13+God is a half-dozen musicians that, when combined, mix and match into something equally valuable in sum to either set‘s parts. Bandying vocal duties between tracks, Anticon MCs themselves and the Notwist place nasal neurosis over tracks that breathe with plaintive pulse drifts and list with chunky beats. 13+God is money in the bank.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player