- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Anticon
Rip $20 in half and as long as you piece the bill back together with tape it‘s still legal tender. You could even rip two $20 bills and mix and match the ends without losing the value. 13+God is like those $20s. Featuring the Bay Area‘s sing-song cerebralists themselves and Munich‘s hushed, bubbling Notwist-both valued producers in their own right-13+God is a half-dozen musicians that, when combined, mix and match into something equally valuable in sum to either set‘s parts. Bandying vocal duties between tracks, Anticon MCs themselves and the Notwist place nasal neurosis over tracks that breathe with plaintive pulse drifts and list with chunky beats. 13+God is money in the bank.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player