- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Tectonic
Melding techno and dubstep is not as easy or as natural as some might imagine. Beyond a basic tempo, techno’s dominant pulse is fundamentally at odds with dubstep’s characteristic stuttering step. Yet Aerial manages to fuse the two together seamlessly into a new kind of machine, one whose bass and echoes dip way down low, but whose glistening snares and skipping kick drums only heighten the energy. Recalling traits of Renegade Soundwave more than Stewart Walker on tracks like “Techno Dread” and “Enforcers,” 2562 nonetheless clearly has ears for the smallest detail. Tracks such as “Moog Dub” are deep enough to warrant either a night of quiet wonder or an hour of mad dancing. Or perhaps both.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player