- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Tectonic
Melding techno and dubstep is not as easy or as natural as some might imagine. Beyond a basic tempo, techno’s dominant pulse is fundamentally at odds with dubstep’s characteristic stuttering step. Yet Aerial manages to fuse the two together seamlessly into a new kind of machine, one whose bass and echoes dip way down low, but whose glistening snares and skipping kick drums only heighten the energy. Recalling traits of Renegade Soundwave more than Stewart Walker on tracks like “Techno Dread” and “Enforcers,” 2562 nonetheless clearly has ears for the smallest detail. Tracks such as “Moog Dub” are deep enough to warrant either a night of quiet wonder or an hour of mad dancing. Or perhaps both.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player