- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Em:t
Intense and edgy yet poignant and melancholic by turns, 302Acid‘s 0005 is everything a classic "ambient" album should be. It has all the necessary ingredients-solemn synth textures that extend for miles, scattered wisps of special effects and computer blips, inflections of dub, and wave upon wave of triumphantly epic string reverberations. Excellent tracks abound but this writer‘s personal favorite may be "Mortrariggus," whose shadowy, post-apocalyptic gloom conjures visions of the weather worn streets of a monolithic Gotham of the future. Other standouts include "Flutter," a soulful, Autechre-echoing piece, and "Nocturnum," whose ultra-minimalistic approach to harmony and meter brings to mind the later compositions of Richie Hawtin.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player