4 Bonjour’s Parties Pigments Drift Down to the Brook
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Mush
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Bonjour’s Parties’ Great Wall of Sound stretches from Phil Spector’s Los Angeles to their native Japan. This seven-piece, which sounds at times like a full orchestra, presents a collage of new and previously released material that features much interplay between an accordion, trumpet, sampler, Theremin, and glockenspiel. “Ruins” drifts into meditations that would be fitting of a Fripp and Eno collaboration (with its repetitious sound beds), and “Il Cortile Grigio” takes the Beach Boys’ Smile on a trip to Kyoto. As far out as they go, the collective never fails to deliver some hard indie rock that offers a great balance to its softer melodies.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player