- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Output
Together as 7-Hurtz, Brand New Heavies founder Lascelles Gordon and Ben Cowan, a touring member of Sparks, are making some of the UK’s most addictively catchy electronic music. The pair may describe their John Carpenter-inspired melodic loops as dark but Electroleum actually breathes with life. Sneaking live bass and guitar into the mix on tracks like “3 Sisters,” their second LP at times travels similar terrain as New York’s Out Hud. Cowan, a former member of several contemporary dance outfits, and Gordon, a session percussionist who most recently contributed to Beth Orton’s last album, both bring enough influences to keep Electroleum a far cry from typically derivative contemporary electro.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player