808 State Prebuild
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Rephlex
Itís understandable, yet somewhat ironic, to hear Graham Massey's dismissal of early 808 State. Understandable because their early work is clearly a response to mid/late-ë80s Trax acid, and for him, doesn't represent the group coming into their own. Ironic because this early incarnation of the groupñincluding (A Guy Called) Gerald Simpsonñis far superior and more innovative than the group's later club-topping era. Dug up from the vaults, this pre-Newbuild material reveals a group limited by equipment and all the better for it.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player