808 State Prebuild
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Rephlex
Itís understandable, yet somewhat ironic, to hear Graham Massey's dismissal of early 808 State. Understandable because their early work is clearly a response to mid/late-ë80s Trax acid, and for him, doesn't represent the group coming into their own. Ironic because this early incarnation of the groupñincluding (A Guy Called) Gerald Simpsonñis far superior and more innovative than the group's later club-topping era. Dug up from the vaults, this pre-Newbuild material reveals a group limited by equipment and all the better for it.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player