808 State Prebuild
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Rephlex
Itís understandable, yet somewhat ironic, to hear Graham Massey's dismissal of early 808 State. Understandable because their early work is clearly a response to mid/late-ë80s Trax acid, and for him, doesn't represent the group coming into their own. Ironic because this early incarnation of the groupñincluding (A Guy Called) Gerald Simpsonñis far superior and more innovative than the group's later club-topping era. Dug up from the vaults, this pre-Newbuild material reveals a group limited by equipment and all the better for it.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player