Abe Duque So Underground It Hurts
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: International Deejay Gigolos
Hollis, Queens‘ Abe Duque is something of a rare bird: he‘s a NYC techno DJ/producer who‘s held steadfastly true-for over two decades-to a genre with a troubled club history in his fair city. Like the man himself, Duque‘s new album is also something of a techno rarity: it‘s a cohesive tale told with all the refined nuances of a master storyteller. So Underground It Hurts practically bursts with old-school affection, showing not only Duque‘s trademark sense of humor and his delight in manipulating mood, but also a deep, abiding love for and obsession with his beloved techno-here displayed unabashedly in all its groovy, rump-shaking glory.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- ReviewAphex Twin Syro
XLR8R Downloads Player