Abe Vigoda Skeleton
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: PPM
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
L.A. kids Abe Vigoda have spent the last four years developing their sound into what PPM label-owner/No Age drummer Dean Spunt describes as “tropical punk.” And while last-week’s-big-thing Vampire Weekend has made Graceland a dangerous line to walk, Abe Vigoda crossbreeds Paul Simon’s signature Afro-pop with face-melting post-punk to maintain the Spunt’s description on Skeleton, their third full-length. From the jovial guitars of “Dead City/Waste Wilderness,” the album explores sunny melodies (“The Garden”) and heavy noise passages (“Whatever Forever”) while keeping a cohesive flow. That’s what happens when you grow up at The Smell instead of an Ivy League university.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player