Abe Vigoda Skeleton
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: PPM
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
L.A. kids Abe Vigoda have spent the last four years developing their sound into what PPM label-owner/No Age drummer Dean Spunt describes as “tropical punk.” And while last-week’s-big-thing Vampire Weekend has made Graceland a dangerous line to walk, Abe Vigoda crossbreeds Paul Simon’s signature Afro-pop with face-melting post-punk to maintain the Spunt’s description on Skeleton, their third full-length. From the jovial guitars of “Dead City/Waste Wilderness,” the album explores sunny melodies (“The Garden”) and heavy noise passages (“Whatever Forever”) while keeping a cohesive flow. That’s what happens when you grow up at The Smell instead of an Ivy League university.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player