Accelera Deck Echo Economy
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Toast and Jam
This Accelera Deck re-release feels like a series of still-lifes of rusty scraps of crumpled metal, each portrait a slight variation on another, threaded together into animation. Its abruptness is a distinct departure from other Accelera Deck works in which sheets of delicate ambience unroll on top of tiny, skittering beats. "&loop2" is a garbage-can tumble, and "&loop3" features a controlled and measured clock ticking while a rumbling chaos churns at the edges of earshot. Echo Economy's minimal loops are variations on a sparse theme, with each component slightly shifted, nudged, elongated or eliminated per iteration. The sheer number of permutations is impressive, if not kind to the ears.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player