- Words: Paul Sullivan
- Label: Lab
Achim Vogel-graphic artist, painter, comedian-here presents his take on the art of beats and basslines. Vogel's relationship with music began when his sculptor/musician father gave him lessons in improvisation, classical and jazz at a young age. Hence his debut LP could be considered a somewhat advanced document. Certainly it has a melodic richness and textural diversity that would be unachievable for many on a first outing. Using deep house and syncopated "broken" riddims to propel his Hammond funk noodles and jazzy flourishes, Acimo has created an enigmatic album that keeps your mind guessing and your hips swaying.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player