- Words: Paul Sullivan
- Label: Lab
Achim Vogel-graphic artist, painter, comedian-here presents his take on the art of beats and basslines. Vogel's relationship with music began when his sculptor/musician father gave him lessons in improvisation, classical and jazz at a young age. Hence his debut LP could be considered a somewhat advanced document. Certainly it has a melodic richness and textural diversity that would be unachievable for many on a first outing. Using deep house and syncopated "broken" riddims to propel his Hammond funk noodles and jazzy flourishes, Acimo has created an enigmatic album that keeps your mind guessing and your hips swaying.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player