- Words: Paul Sullivan
- Label: Lab
Achim Vogel-graphic artist, painter, comedian-here presents his take on the art of beats and basslines. Vogel's relationship with music began when his sculptor/musician father gave him lessons in improvisation, classical and jazz at a young age. Hence his debut LP could be considered a somewhat advanced document. Certainly it has a melodic richness and textural diversity that would be unachievable for many on a first outing. Using deep house and syncopated "broken" riddims to propel his Hammond funk noodles and jazzy flourishes, Acimo has created an enigmatic album that keeps your mind guessing and your hips swaying.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player