Adam F Drum & Bass Warfare
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: System
Adam F's double-disc set (the second disc features a mix by Miami's DJ Craze) is a touch confusing to listen to. His sharp drum & bass sensibilities are still intact, even after his well-documented foray into hip hop-but here, he's chosen to combine remixes of his tunes (produced with the likes of Redman, Capone n' Noreaga and Pharoah Monche) into a slightly abrasive, melodramatic mix that sounds more bombastic and heavy-handed than clever or ground-breaking. DJ Craze's mix makes more sense. His turntable tricks and scratching are well timed, breaking up the relatively static vocal lines and linking them to the intense, densely packed rhythmic background.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player