Adam Johnson Chigilak
- Words: Rob Riddle
- Label: M3rck
Johnson's supple electronica, gliding ambiance and crisp rhythms all shimmer and his beats, occasionally inspired by electro and hip-hop, plod forth among myriad haunting sounds, glitchy beeps and clicks. Chigilak is as impressive as anything previously offered on Miami's M3rck. On "Some Say She's Naive," the rhythm's got some bounce to it, even if you listen on your headphones; things even a get a bit weird on "Sensible Impostor," with its garbled rhythms and distant tones. Johnson's music is as consistent as it is thorough, and plays well from beginning to end.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player