Adam Johnson Chigilak
- Words: Rob Riddle
- Label: M3rck
Johnson's supple electronica, gliding ambiance and crisp rhythms all shimmer and his beats, occasionally inspired by electro and hip-hop, plod forth among myriad haunting sounds, glitchy beeps and clicks. Chigilak is as impressive as anything previously offered on Miami's M3rck. On "Some Say She's Naive," the rhythm's got some bounce to it, even if you listen on your headphones; things even a get a bit weird on "Sensible Impostor," with its garbled rhythms and distant tones. Johnson's music is as consistent as it is thorough, and plays well from beginning to end.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player