Adrien75 Coastal Access
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Source
Combining traditional instruments with software processing is now commonplace in the electronic underground, but Adrien75 was at it years before it was fashionable. He was responsible for most of the output of the unjustly ignored Carpet Bomb label, which merged sweeping post-rock gestures with gurgling, fleet-footed drum & bass. His debut LP pares the beats back to their barest necessities, and the guitars vanish among mazes of echo and DSP. The compositions ebb and flow with the surging dynamic of the tide, sometimes peaceful, occasionally roaring with noise. Perfect for an evening's drive.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player