Aelters Ardchilds' Com.Undo
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Sonig
PowerBook jester Aelters apparently left DAT Politics because the loopy French laptop quartet weren't wacky enough. This should give you an inkling of the fractured digital dementia splattered all over Ardchilds' Com.Undo's 16 tracks, which find Aelters blowing mocking raspberries at "serious" techno and IDM tropes. While Ardchilds' may strike some as trifling and absurd, the disc contains flashes of irreverent brilliance. Spluttering, rough-hewn abstract techno tracks like "Starapeakotop" and "Porkfesonli" take bytes out of Cylob's hard drive while "Hombrero"'s industrial clank and pile-driver funk rhythms bump rambunctiously like late-'90s Si Begg. If nothing else, Aelters's spazztronics forever torch the misconception that electronic music is a strictly humorless endeavor.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player