Aeroc Viscous Solid
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Ghostly
Geoff White departs from his typical minimal techno sound-well documented on releases for Cytrax, Force Inc and Traum-with his debut release for Ann Arbor's Ghostly. As Aeroc, White indulges his sentimental side, strumming feathery acoustic guitar against ruffled, glitchy beats that mimic brushed snares and cymbals. On tracks like "My Love, The Wave Break," a surprisingly jazzy sensibility bubbles up in the murky chords, but White never indulges lounge clich»s. Instead, as the angular "Rusted Dress Up" and the muddy "Wish Eyes" demonstrate, White succeeds in finding a middle ground between Dabrye's hip-hop leanings and Two Lone Swordsmen's most experimental aquatic moments.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player