Aeroc Viscous Solid
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Ghostly
Geoff White departs from his typical minimal techno sound-well documented on releases for Cytrax, Force Inc and Traum-with his debut release for Ann Arbor's Ghostly. As Aeroc, White indulges his sentimental side, strumming feathery acoustic guitar against ruffled, glitchy beats that mimic brushed snares and cymbals. On tracks like "My Love, The Wave Break," a surprisingly jazzy sensibility bubbles up in the murky chords, but White never indulges lounge clich»s. Instead, as the angular "Rusted Dress Up" and the muddy "Wish Eyes" demonstrate, White succeeds in finding a middle ground between Dabrye's hip-hop leanings and Two Lone Swordsmen's most experimental aquatic moments.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player