AFX Analord EP 6 & 7
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Rephlex
Aphex Twin‘s wicked grin and yellow-eyed glare beams forth from each of his latest gleeful analog electronic slabs. Like an aural expletive lobbed at all the pointy-shoe ‘80s fetishists and their limp synth pop rehashings, tracks like "Pitcard," Snivel Chew," and "Afx Acid 4" contain equal amounts of dissonant audacity and sheer technical genius. AFX‘s ancient machines cough up some fascinating techno ghosts.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player