Air Liquide Let Your Ears Be the Receiver
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Multicolor
It may be true that German outfit Air Liquide has influenced the Cologne sound, but there's not much shuffle fever or minimal click to their comeback album. Instead, these acid electro pioneers throw together a rather bizarre collection of dubby downtempo numbers, pumping mega-club techno and even confessional electro-meets-country & western jams. The only unifying elements here are bright, round-sounding bassines and crisp 808 high hats, but even those classics aren't enough to save these veterans from an overwhelmingly trite record.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player