Air Liquide Let Your Ears Be the Receiver
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Multicolor
It may be true that German outfit Air Liquide has influenced the Cologne sound, but there's not much shuffle fever or minimal click to their comeback album. Instead, these acid electro pioneers throw together a rather bizarre collection of dubby downtempo numbers, pumping mega-club techno and even confessional electro-meets-country & western jams. The only unifying elements here are bright, round-sounding bassines and crisp 808 high hats, but even those classics aren't enough to save these veterans from an overwhelmingly trite record.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player