Air Liquide Let Your Ears Be the Receiver
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Multicolor
It may be true that German outfit Air Liquide has influenced the Cologne sound, but there's not much shuffle fever or minimal click to their comeback album. Instead, these acid electro pioneers throw together a rather bizarre collection of dubby downtempo numbers, pumping mega-club techno and even confessional electro-meets-country & western jams. The only unifying elements here are bright, round-sounding bassines and crisp 808 high hats, but even those classics aren't enough to save these veterans from an overwhelmingly trite record.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player