Air Moon Safari: 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: EMI
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
A decade after the fact, it’s hard to believe that “French band Air” (to quote the sleeve) once seemed almost radical. Eschewing rock’s penchant for (faux) rebellion, Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel juxtaposed lounge music and French synthesizer pop with a wisp of club culture to create an album that was, more than anything, pleasant. As well as a DVD featuring Mike Mills' documentary on the band, Eating Sleeping Waiting & Playing, an extra audio disc of this lovingly packaged 10th anniversary special edition adds demos, radio station versions, and remixes (including Beck’s “Sex Kino” mix of “Sexy Boy” and a curiously rockin’ version of “Kelly Watch the Stars”), simultaneously suggesting an alternative version of Moon Safari and sign-posting what was to follow from the Versailles-based duo. Nice.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player