Air Moon Safari: 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: EMI
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
A decade after the fact, it’s hard to believe that “French band Air” (to quote the sleeve) once seemed almost radical. Eschewing rock’s penchant for (faux) rebellion, Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel juxtaposed lounge music and French synthesizer pop with a wisp of club culture to create an album that was, more than anything, pleasant. As well as a DVD featuring Mike Mills' documentary on the band, Eating Sleeping Waiting & Playing, an extra audio disc of this lovingly packaged 10th anniversary special edition adds demos, radio station versions, and remixes (including Beck’s “Sex Kino” mix of “Sexy Boy” and a curiously rockin’ version of “Kelly Watch the Stars”), simultaneously suggesting an alternative version of Moon Safari and sign-posting what was to follow from the Versailles-based duo. Nice.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player