Air Moon Safari: 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: EMI
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
A decade after the fact, it’s hard to believe that “French band Air” (to quote the sleeve) once seemed almost radical. Eschewing rock’s penchant for (faux) rebellion, Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel juxtaposed lounge music and French synthesizer pop with a wisp of club culture to create an album that was, more than anything, pleasant. As well as a DVD featuring Mike Mills' documentary on the band, Eating Sleeping Waiting & Playing, an extra audio disc of this lovingly packaged 10th anniversary special edition adds demos, radio station versions, and remixes (including Beck’s “Sex Kino” mix of “Sexy Boy” and a curiously rockin’ version of “Kelly Watch the Stars”), simultaneously suggesting an alternative version of Moon Safari and sign-posting what was to follow from the Versailles-based duo. Nice.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player