Al Green Love & Happiness (Re Edit)
- Words: Graeme Sinden
- Label: Shoes
Two very inventive re-edits from the mysteriously titled Shoes label. Both sides are great, but the flavor for me is on the b-side-a downtempo dubby re-edit/remix driven by some chopped claps, sleigh bells and drum loops. The guitar is dreamy and the stripped-down vocal equally so. A real atmospheric and imaginative remix of a soul classic.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player