Alarm Will Sound Acoustica
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Cantaloupe
When I imagine Richard D. James-a.k.a. Aphex Twin, Polygon Window, et. al.-it is always as a leering puppet master tethered to electro-acoustically scrambled computer monitors and pianos strangled as if by garrote. So for Alarm Will Sound-a New York-based 22-piece orchestra-to record all acoustic arrangements of James‘ works (primarily off 2001‘s Drukqs and 1996‘s Richard D. James Album) only seems fitting. I can equally imagine the Alarm ensemble pivoting frenetically and with finesse, fingers to their own steely filaments as they find compelling counterpoints in CPU-chipped chaos and detune through a home improvement store‘s worth of tonal transmogrification.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player