Alarm Will Sound Acoustica
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Cantaloupe
When I imagine Richard D. James-a.k.a. Aphex Twin, Polygon Window, et. al.-it is always as a leering puppet master tethered to electro-acoustically scrambled computer monitors and pianos strangled as if by garrote. So for Alarm Will Sound-a New York-based 22-piece orchestra-to record all acoustic arrangements of James‘ works (primarily off 2001‘s Drukqs and 1996‘s Richard D. James Album) only seems fitting. I can equally imagine the Alarm ensemble pivoting frenetically and with finesse, fingers to their own steely filaments as they find compelling counterpoints in CPU-chipped chaos and detune through a home improvement store‘s worth of tonal transmogrification.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player