The Alchemist Chemical Warfare
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: E1
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
On his latest project, Chemical Warfare, producer/MC The Alchemist is rolling with bigger names than ever, but working with platinum acts like Eminem and Three Six Mafia doesn't spark anything especially inspiring. It’s only when ALC shakes up the concepts and combinations of guests that the tracks become really worthwhile. A '70s soul-inspired cut with Maxwell and Twista (“Smile”) is a smoothed-out sure shot where everyone shines. Meanwhile, the psych rock-inspired “Therapy,” with vocal assists from Evidence Blu, Kid Cudi, and Talib Kweli, is one of the better LA-meets-NYC posse cuts of recent memory. The heaters are here—you just have to look for 'em.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player