Alejandra & Aeron Bousha Blue Blazes
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Orthlorng Musork
From their earliest Lucky Kitchen releases, Alejandra Salinas and Aeron Bergman's take on computer music has been extraordinarily personal. Their subtle combination of processing and recordings culled from everyday life is far removed from the stereotype of factory-stamped interchangeability in electronic music. Their latest release is constructed around recordings of Aeron's grandmother, Bousha, who sings and plays a very out-of-tune piano on several of the album's songs. Bousha's singing is occasionally manipulated, but more often Alejandra & Aeron simply leave it alone, keeping all the imperfections intact. There are certainly moments where it all resonates emotionally and musically, but unlike most of their work, it is often an oddly alienating listen, akin to illicitly watching someone else's home movies.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player