Alejandra & Aeron Bousha Blue Blazes
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Orthlorng Musork
From their earliest Lucky Kitchen releases, Alejandra Salinas and Aeron Bergman's take on computer music has been extraordinarily personal. Their subtle combination of processing and recordings culled from everyday life is far removed from the stereotype of factory-stamped interchangeability in electronic music. Their latest release is constructed around recordings of Aeron's grandmother, Bousha, who sings and plays a very out-of-tune piano on several of the album's songs. Bousha's singing is occasionally manipulated, but more often Alejandra & Aeron simply leave it alone, keeping all the imperfections intact. There are certainly moments where it all resonates emotionally and musically, but unlike most of their work, it is often an oddly alienating listen, akin to illicitly watching someone else's home movies.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player