Alex Cortex Inward CTRL
- Words: Dan Sicko
- Label: Ann Aimee
Listening to Inward CTRL is like ordering tapas. With 24 untitled tracks averaging about three minutes apiece, the first full-length on Ann Aimee is strangely fulfilling. Bit-hop percolates from track three, an artfully incomplete bassline supports track five-Germany's Alex Cortex has a delicacy for each of us. The temptation with his format would be to push the abstract, but for the most part, Cortex assumes there is a dancefloor under his feet. His ability to match euphoria with restraint makes Inward CTRL irresistible.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player