Alex Moulton Exodus
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Expansion Team Records
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
With its cover art of retro-utopian erotica painted by famed sci-fantasy artists Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell, the debut full-length of DJ/producer/filmmaker/Expansion Team label head Alex Moulton is immediately cast as a chiseled affair. And, indeed, strapping chords and voluptuous pads couple throughout eight cinematic tracks of tribal, trance-infused concept synthesis. At differing times, Moulton’s saturated productions (their influences mixing Vangelis and Moroder, equal parts Body & Soul and the Rex Club) seem best suited for the Paradise Garage dancefloor, as opening themes for Pink Floyd live at Pompeii, or the bumper music for infomercials selling seats to Fhloston Paradise and various other off-world colonies.
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Daft Punk, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Boards of Canada, and More
- PodcastStacey Pullen
- MP3Seapoint "Triangle Optics"
- MP3AKRA x Flilppo Rocco "PVC"
- FeatureWax Ecstatic: Kyle Hall, Gerd Janson, Hieroglyphic Being, and More Discuss the Limited Vinyl Craze
XLR8R Downloads Player