Alex Moulton Exodus
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Expansion Team Records
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
With its cover art of retro-utopian erotica painted by famed sci-fantasy artists Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell, the debut full-length of DJ/producer/filmmaker/Expansion Team label head Alex Moulton is immediately cast as a chiseled affair. And, indeed, strapping chords and voluptuous pads couple throughout eight cinematic tracks of tribal, trance-infused concept synthesis. At differing times, Moulton’s saturated productions (their influences mixing Vangelis and Moroder, equal parts Body & Soul and the Rex Club) seem best suited for the Paradise Garage dancefloor, as opening themes for Pink Floyd live at Pompeii, or the bumper music for infomercials selling seats to Fhloston Paradise and various other off-world colonies.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player