Alexander Kowalski, Diego Hostettler, Dennis Desantis Reasons
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Kanzleramt
And just like that, trance is important again! For the last two years or so, Germany's Alexander Kowalski has been carefully pumping out singles and an album, Progress, that flow straight into the brackish waters of trance and techno polluted by the SashaVanOakenweeds of this world. Now he partners with househeads Diego Hostettler and Dennis DeSantis for an album made entirely with Propellerhead's Reason 2.0 software-and it works. From the blistering pace of "Hybrid Minds" (featuring Heiko Laux) to the rapacious "Optometry" to "Int A," it's all about those long trance/techno builds that meant so much four or five years ago, when artists like Omid Nourizadeh (16B), Speedy J and Underworld were laying a soulful techno/trance blueprint through soft melodic components over climactic percussion sequences. Reasons therefore borders on timelessness.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player