Alexander Kowalski, Diego Hostettler, Dennis Desantis Reasons
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Kanzleramt
And just like that, trance is important again! For the last two years or so, Germany's Alexander Kowalski has been carefully pumping out singles and an album, Progress, that flow straight into the brackish waters of trance and techno polluted by the SashaVanOakenweeds of this world. Now he partners with househeads Diego Hostettler and Dennis DeSantis for an album made entirely with Propellerhead's Reason 2.0 software-and it works. From the blistering pace of "Hybrid Minds" (featuring Heiko Laux) to the rapacious "Optometry" to "Int A," it's all about those long trance/techno builds that meant so much four or five years ago, when artists like Omid Nourizadeh (16B), Speedy J and Underworld were laying a soulful techno/trance blueprint through soft melodic components over climactic percussion sequences. Reasons therefore borders on timelessness.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player