Alexander‘s Dark Band Dobutsu Bancho
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: DC
Note to all you aspiring turntablist champs-J. Saul Kane is sick to death of hearing you scratch the word "frrrresh!" while doing that Run D.M.C. routine of yours with double copies of "Peter Piper." It‘s tired, it‘s wack, and if you truly want to lay waste to the competition you‘ll pick up this, his third DJ tool under the Alexander‘s Dark Band tag. A Kane production is always a bit twisted-witness the slab-like drum breaks and the buzzing analog synths in the background. Dobutsu Bancho is no different, with bizarre animal noises and snippets of soundtracks peppered throughout. Who needs "frrrresh" when you‘ve got the bark of a sea lion at your fingertips?
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player