Alexander‘s Dark Band Dobutsu Bancho
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: DC
Note to all you aspiring turntablist champs-J. Saul Kane is sick to death of hearing you scratch the word "frrrresh!" while doing that Run D.M.C. routine of yours with double copies of "Peter Piper." It‘s tired, it‘s wack, and if you truly want to lay waste to the competition you‘ll pick up this, his third DJ tool under the Alexander‘s Dark Band tag. A Kane production is always a bit twisted-witness the slab-like drum breaks and the buzzing analog synths in the background. Dobutsu Bancho is no different, with bizarre animal noises and snippets of soundtracks peppered throughout. Who needs "frrrresh" when you‘ve got the bark of a sea lion at your fingertips?
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player