Alexander‘s Dark Band Dobutsu Bancho
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: DC
Note to all you aspiring turntablist champs-J. Saul Kane is sick to death of hearing you scratch the word "frrrresh!" while doing that Run D.M.C. routine of yours with double copies of "Peter Piper." It‘s tired, it‘s wack, and if you truly want to lay waste to the competition you‘ll pick up this, his third DJ tool under the Alexander‘s Dark Band tag. A Kane production is always a bit twisted-witness the slab-like drum breaks and the buzzing analog synths in the background. Dobutsu Bancho is no different, with bizarre animal noises and snippets of soundtracks peppered throughout. Who needs "frrrresh" when you‘ve got the bark of a sea lion at your fingertips?
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player