Alexandroid False Starts
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Lo
If only there was a "Where are they now?" special on late-night cable television for that hyped wave of Russian IDM. False Starts serves as a sprawling answer to where Andrey Antonets has been. It boasts 17 quite varied electro opuses-some with breathy girl vocals, some taut analog numbers, some 4/4 excursions and some more imaginatively orchestrated fugues, with the old-timey horn section-led brilliance of "Debil" a highlight. After investing the time for a thorough listen, you‘ll hope this proves no false start at all.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player