Alexandroid False Starts
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Lo
If only there was a "Where are they now?" special on late-night cable television for that hyped wave of Russian IDM. False Starts serves as a sprawling answer to where Andrey Antonets has been. It boasts 17 quite varied electro opuses-some with breathy girl vocals, some taut analog numbers, some 4/4 excursions and some more imaginatively orchestrated fugues, with the old-timey horn section-led brilliance of "Debil" a highlight. After investing the time for a thorough listen, you‘ll hope this proves no false start at all.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player