Alexandroid False Starts
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Lo
If only there was a "Where are they now?" special on late-night cable television for that hyped wave of Russian IDM. False Starts serves as a sprawling answer to where Andrey Antonets has been. It boasts 17 quite varied electro opuses-some with breathy girl vocals, some taut analog numbers, some 4/4 excursions and some more imaginatively orchestrated fugues, with the old-timey horn section-led brilliance of "Debil" a highlight. After investing the time for a thorough listen, you‘ll hope this proves no false start at all.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player