Alif Tree French Cuisine
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Compost
Nina Simone opens French Cuisine, as Alif Tree makes his devotions clear: Simone‘s "Plain Gold Ring" is as sophisticated and heart wrenching as jazz will ever be. Alif Tree‘s minimalist vinyl-crackle-and-warm-beats reworking of that vocal into his own "Deadly Species" shows the Frenchman lovingly crafting acoustic sounds and electronic productions into a seamless, melancholy shuffle. Anna Karina, Shirley Horn, French library music, and Parisian café jazz all get the Alif Tree makeover on an album that would‘ve been as at home in a Truffaut film as on a certain German label of no little renown.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player