Allá Es Tiempo
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Crammed
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
The three musicians behind Allá may be based in Chicago, but the most distinct geographical influence on their debut album comes from afar: Brazil. Though brothers Jorge and Angel Ledezma and Lupe Martinez are of Mexican heritage, and sing in Spanish rather than Portuguese, their lush, tropical pop, with its gorgeous strings and warm vocals, owes much to the influential (if short-lived) tropicalia movement. races of dub, downtempo, and even psychedelia emerge throughout, and the album sounds summery and light (there’s little bass to anchor the 12 tracks here). Es Tiempo might sound a little too similar to its worldly origins, but it’s enjoyable nonetheless.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player