Allá Es Tiempo
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Crammed
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
The three musicians behind Allá may be based in Chicago, but the most distinct geographical influence on their debut album comes from afar: Brazil. Though brothers Jorge and Angel Ledezma and Lupe Martinez are of Mexican heritage, and sing in Spanish rather than Portuguese, their lush, tropical pop, with its gorgeous strings and warm vocals, owes much to the influential (if short-lived) tropicalia movement. races of dub, downtempo, and even psychedelia emerge throughout, and the album sounds summery and light (there’s little bass to anchor the 12 tracks here). Es Tiempo might sound a little too similar to its worldly origins, but it’s enjoyable nonetheless.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player