Alland Byallo Brick by Brick
San Franciscan Alland Byallo is a builder. Since 2004, he’s been producing and releasing music on his own digital Nightlight label. In 2005, he co-founded Kontrol, arguably the best monthly techno party on the west coast, still hot more than four years later. Not surprising, then, that Byallo’s first full-length is called Brick By Brick, a 10-track testament to the hard work of pushing club music forward, one hip-shaking groove at a time. Byallo is an elegant dark lord of the dancefloor, as evidenced by smooth, minimal acid accents on "Ring in the Dead," "Rarebird," and "Casual Sax," which recall classic productions by artists like Carl Craig and Laurent Garnier. The tough and sexy closer, "War Zero," stands up nicely against next-generation house rhythms by like-minded brethren Lee Curtiss and Seth Troxler.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player