Alog Catch That Totem! (1998-2005)
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Melektronikk
Can-channeling, Terry Riley wink-winking, and Aphex-aware Norwegian free-jazz superstars (and Rune Grammofon lynchpins) Alog footnote the stately avant-majesty of their preceding albums with this compendium of unreleased, rare, and remixed work. Alog‘s approach favors the narrative, apparent in every track‘s intricacy; the title number-a remix for Swiss band Velma-became a cover of sorts when, upon discovering that they didn‘t have the proper lyrics, they had to substitute words from an unrelated album. With or without stories or deciphering the liner notes, these are all independently brilliant songs for you to catch.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player