Alog Catch That Totem! (1998-2005)
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Melektronikk
Can-channeling, Terry Riley wink-winking, and Aphex-aware Norwegian free-jazz superstars (and Rune Grammofon lynchpins) Alog footnote the stately avant-majesty of their preceding albums with this compendium of unreleased, rare, and remixed work. Alog‘s approach favors the narrative, apparent in every track‘s intricacy; the title number-a remix for Swiss band Velma-became a cover of sorts when, upon discovering that they didn‘t have the proper lyrics, they had to substitute words from an unrelated album. With or without stories or deciphering the liner notes, these are all independently brilliant songs for you to catch.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player