Alog Catch That Totem! (1998-2005)
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Melektronikk
Can-channeling, Terry Riley wink-winking, and Aphex-aware Norwegian free-jazz superstars (and Rune Grammofon lynchpins) Alog footnote the stately avant-majesty of their preceding albums with this compendium of unreleased, rare, and remixed work. Alog‘s approach favors the narrative, apparent in every track‘s intricacy; the title number-a remix for Swiss band Velma-became a cover of sorts when, upon discovering that they didn‘t have the proper lyrics, they had to substitute words from an unrelated album. With or without stories or deciphering the liner notes, these are all independently brilliant songs for you to catch.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player