The Aluminum Group Morehappyness
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Wishing Tree
Like vanilla Hâagen-Dazs, the Aluminum Group plays rich, creamy, no-nonsense pop music. Regardless of the premium brand, it's still vanilla-and you're invariably left craving a sprinkle or two. Morehappyness, the Aluminum Group's latest, is more blandness from the brothers Navin: neatly arranged milieus of gliding synth and boy/boy harmonizing with impotent cameos from Tortoise and Sea & Cake. The album has an understated quality reminiscent of the Eames furniture collection after which they're named, but overall Morehappyness evokes little emotion. It's a good thing the Navins are gay, 'cause they'll never get any pussy making this stuff.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player