Amanda Blank I Love You
- Words: Zoneil Maharaj
- Label: Downtown
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Though not quite raunchy enough to make Lil’ Kim blush, Amanda Blank’s unhinged lyrics and club-ready production (via Diplo, Switch, and XXXChange) on her debut, I Love You, makes for the perfect pre-sex party. Lead single “Might Like You Better” (a not-too-subtle rip of Romeo Void) is a bouncy, banging, and downright nasty electro jam. But while her claim to fame might be her sex raps, the Philly MC and singer isn’t afraid to open up (“A Love Song”) or write the traditional pop jam (“Shame on Me”). With surprising sophistication, gloomy album closer “Leaving You Behind,” featuring Lykke Li, seals the deal—I Love You has way more to offer than shock raps.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player